Monday, March 30, 2009

Paper Progress

I’ve had a really slow start on my paper. I went from half a page of my paper to 8 pages between Friday and this morning. In class tomorrow, I plan on going through my paper and start making some of the changes Cowley and I talked about during our conference today. This includes: creating a stronger thesis, going through each paragraph and tweaking it to relate to my new thesis and make the arguments stronger, possibly reorganizing different paragraphs, adding works cited, adding page numbers to citations where needed, find better sources other than relying too strongly on background sources, among a few other minor details. I will not have time to do all of these things in 40 minutes, but it’s somewhere to start.

1 comment:

Cara said...

What I accomplished in class yesterday:
I went through my paper and deleted paragraphs and sentences that did not help my argument or thesis and were basically just filler. Then I went through my sources and fixed the citations for a couple of them that needed help and looked for better sources than the ones I used encyclopedia references for. Plus I made a few minor changes in grammatical errors and such.