Monday, March 30, 2009

The Post Formerly Known As Paper Progress

Since Friday, I've been swamped, so I haven't done much work on my computer. After my interview I gave my last printed draft another read through and marked out all of the areas that I wanted to change and what needed to happen. Like my interview, it was mainly focused on my transitions, and a couple of spots where my point and its relevance weren't clear. I also need to find a couple of citations that will nicely link my arguments with a logical progression.

By the end of class tomorrow I want to have made all of these corrections to my paper and found the necessary citations - this includes time that I get to spend between classes tomorrow morning. Usually I like to just spend the last couple of days constantly reading through and "ironing out" sentences that sound awkward.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I like your process of going through and "ironing out" sentences that sound awkward. That is a great way to clean up your paper and make it the best it can be. What might also be helpful is asking your roommate and a couple other friends to read over your paper and have them circle or underline sentences that they think might not make sense. I've found that my thought process is really hard to translate into words and sometimes my sentences just don't make sense. That probably didn't make any sense, but it made sense in my head, I promise. Good luck with revisions.

Sean said...

Yeah - having my wife read my paper has helped a lot. My topic gets really technical, and so the biggest obstacle has been making all the concepts and terms clear and understandable by anybody. So it's not just the awkward sentences that gets fixed!

Between the time I had this morning and time in class I've managed to make all the changes I had outlined in pencil, and I found the extra sources I needed. I also realized, though - that I need to put my works cited page together and check my citations a little more. So I finished my goals - but I'll still have some work to do over the next couple of days.