Thursday, April 2, 2009

And... IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!

One journal I could potentially send my issues paper to would be the Body, Mind, and Spirit student journal, which contains articles relating to health studies. My topic would best fit with this student journal because it relates with my topic, which is obesity and how it has become a global threat. My issues paper is adapted to this audience because I provide information that might be interesting to them, including statistics regarding the spread and prevalence of obesity in countries across the world. I hope that my paper would be interesting to the general academic public because I tried to incorporate new ideas and thoughts about obesity that would capture the reader’s interest.

From working on this paper, I learned what works and does not work in my writing process. I have learned how important it is to push past whatever might be holding me back in life in order to start and work effectively on school work and assignments. I learned that just getting started is the hardest part for me in writing, and how important it is that I get the strength and motivation to writing my papers. Looking back now, I can see where I could have worked better and how I could have improved, which I sense has been a very helpful experience for me. Despite all the setbacks I had in writing this paper, I found the most helpful aspect was going to the conference with Cowley. Getting feedback is the most helpful tool I can receive in order to improve my paper. In the future, I hope to let others other than my teacher read my paper to get the most feedback and see where I can improve. I am more or less pleased with the result of my final paper. I know I could have done a better job editing and revising, but the fact that I even managed to write this paper is huge for me. So I am proud that I was able to do that.

2 comments:

Scott said...

It sounds like you have a good fit for your journal. I think a lot of young adults struggle with self image and obesity. Your paper might give some helpful tips on how to overcome these issues.

Jordan Brock said...

There are so many health journals out there that you could sumbit your article to including the one you chose. A national journal you could look at is the American Journal of Public Health.