Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Worth the Time

So I decided to turn in my paper to Surfers against Sewage website to see if they want to publish my research. I think this is very beneficial not only to me (being a follower of the surf spots and fight against pollution movement) but to all those who sit down and read the extensive research on the effects pollution has on the human body. I know that most individuals across the globe figure pollution is bad, but don’t see the high risk and extreme dangers that follow it. It will be interesting to see what the website says to me in response for submitting my paper.

Overall, I learned that research papers in fact take a lot of time and consideration. In order to be successful and have a paper worth reading and worthy of fighting fir a cause, it needs to be planned out from the beginning in steps to truly in the end come out as a well written paper. Another thing I learned is to write a paper with purpose. When you get to right about a topic that relates to you, it seems to mean more to what you want the audience to get out of your work. I think this is the most important attribute I attained from writing this paper.

2 comments:

Jordan Brock said...

I also agree that it is important to plan out steps when writing a research paper. The detailed outline helped make writing my rough draft so much easier.

Lance Harper said...

Writing with a purpose is very important. My first draft's purpose was to write 8 pages but once I had a focus in my paper it became easier and better overall.