Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's DONE!!!

An academic journal that I could submit my paper to is Business Economics. This journal accepts entries from a wide variety of subjects. As stated on its website, entries in this journal must pass the "So What?" test. In other words, how does this essay related to business both in the U.S. and abroad. My essay is all about business and the choice to implement sweatshops oversees. My paper would fit great in this journal because it discusses the economic benefits of sweatshops while also pointing out proper business ethics. My topic would apply to the audience reading this journal because they would mostly be business men and economists. Included in my essay are studies from economists that apply to foreign economies and how the actions of corporations can either hurt or help these economies.

From my first draft, I really improved upon presenting both sides of my issue rather than just my side of the topic. I learned that even though the opposing side is well-known and well-founded, it must still be included to avoid unintended consequences of appearing short-sighted and naive. Another important tool that I developed is keeping such a long paper organized. Something that helped my organization was to list the topics of all of my paragraphs and rearrange them in a logical, orderly manner. This eliminates some confusion on the reader's part and makes them more willing to continue reading. I am proud of the improvement I made between my first and final drafts. I really improved on appealing to all audiences rather than just those on my side of the issue.

1 comment:

David Robinson said...

I think the Business Economics journal is a good place to send your paper. I have not read your paper, but if you think it does talk about economics and the business aspect of sweatshops, then i do think that your should publish your findings.