Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finally Done!!!

I think my Issues Paper--which is entitled, "Sweatshops: Are They Ethical? Are They Justified?--would best be published in the Aporia (a journal that specializes in philosophy). I think my paper talks a lot about the ethics of sweatshops and how people's basic rights cannot be violated merely to make a profit. The people that read this journal are most interested in arguing about ethical problems and dilemnas such as these. Hopefully, my paper will get people thinking about what they are purchasing and how it is produced. I hope that my paper makes people think of their own ethical implications as consumers. I think my paper is accessible to an academic audience because it has a lot of facts that I took a long time to research and make sure that they were sufficient, accurate, and relevant. I always hope that my paper sparks interest and thought reflection.
I learned a lot about the drafting process in this paper. I started with research, that research moved me towards an outline of ideas. From that outline I created a rough draft and revised that draft many, many times. I learned that writing is a process that cannot be done the day before. It takes time, reflection, and effort to produce a quality paper that you can be proud of. In the future, I will take this lesson into account and start my papers a few weeks early so that I can be satisfied with the final result.

No comments: