Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reflection

I decided that I could submit my paper to Sigma, a journal for political science and international studies. My paper has a lot to do with politics and the constitutionality of laws and practices that are used today. Racial profiling is also a very international topic. It affects many countries. My paper is geared to this type of audience already and would go very well in this journal.

For the second part of this reflection, I would like to say that even though it was quite a pain to write this sucker, I am glad that I had the opportunity. It helped me to get more educated and involved in something that interests me. It helped me to see what is being argued and what different people think and feel about this topic. I now feel like I better know how to incorporate a mass of information into a logical argument. And I feel like after writing this paper, I know how important organization can be. If the thesis does not describe what your entire paper is about, then either your thesis or the rest of your paper needs a-fixin'. This is what I learned from writing this issues paper. Thank you English 150!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I agree, this really helped me to figure out how to really focus my thesis. I think I had to change it twice! I also agree with the importance of organization. I found my paper flowed better when I moved a few paragraphs around.